Does Your Roofing and Siding Contractor Know Its Employees?
It’s not a surprise that most homeowners don’t know the people working on their roof. But the roofing company sure should.
Yet, they don’t.
That’s what happens when roofers use subcontractors. They hire someone, who hires someone to fill a team. Sure, they might run background checks.
Sadly, in most cases when dealing with roofing and siding contractors you know their team only slightly less than they do.
Only The Best Builder Is Bringing Value Back
At Only the Best Builder, LLC, craftsmanship and pride in a job well done are not obsolete concepts. That’s why we never use subcontractors on our roof, siding, or window replacement projects.
Only the Best Builder is more than just a name. It springs from the knowledge and experience of three generations of builders. We’re guided by the wisdom of a father and grandfather who knew doing something over again costs a lot more than doing it right once.
A builder who reworks a job due to sloppiness pays in both time and reputation.
All of the craftsman you’ll see on our projects are employees of our company. That’s unheard of in this industry.
But they’re part of the family. They have long careers and exceptional expertise in their trade. We train them to our exacting measurements but they’ve already spent decades perfecting their craft.
Why is that important?
Because using companies who “hire out” is costing you money.
The Secret of Subcontractors: Cheap Labor for Roofing Companies, Headaches and High Costs for Homeowners
What’s the big deal about a company that hires subcontractors?
It’s efficient, right?
That way the roofing company can start projects all over town and transfer its teams from one rooftop to another.
That is efficient and it allows them to cover the material costs of one project by collecting money from another homeowner. That means your deposit is paying for someone else’s materials.
But it also means you the homeowner have no idea who’s up on your roof or when they’ll be there.
Since most roofing companies take money the minute they start a job, they start a lot of them. They send a crew out to rip up your roof, collect the money, and put your precious home (and all of its contents) under a tarp. Their demolition crew is often their most unskilled. Therefore, they can unknowingly damage your existing structures in their race to rip it up.
Then they’re off to the next job site to do the same.
While you wait…
And hopefully, it stays dry while you wait.
At Only the Best Builder we don’t collect any money until the project is finished to your satisfaction. You’ll never see us start jobs just to collect partial payments so we can finance the next ones.
That’s not the only thing that makes us different.
5 Ways We Crush the Competition (And Things You’ll Never See Them Do)
- We price out your project in a free, detailed consultation addressing your needs and your budget.
- After you’ve signed the contract, we send out your project foreman (an employee of OTBB, not some person we subcontracted to collect checks). He’ll walk through the entire process with you that day and be back onsite for the project. Yes, that same person. You’ll know his name and you’ll never have to second guess what’s going on because you’re hearing it all from your own personal foreman. That’s a great feeling for everyone involved.
- You can put your checkbook away. At this point, as we mentioned, you’ve trusted us with your most valuable investment—your home. We trust you to pay us on job completion.
- We take care of your home like it was ours. We don’t carry products up on your roof and risk your landscaping, or worse yet, toss unneeded nails to the ground only for your pets and children to find them underfoot. We use the Equipter, a machine that reduces roofing mess by 100% by allowing our employees to dispose of refuse right at roof level. No more debris on your yard or in your neighbor’s.
- We offer a lifetime guarantee on the labor. Today’s products meet industry standards. Variations exist but most of what causes materials to fail is improper installation. 70% of roofing systems fail due to bad workmanship. We won’t allow that to happen to our projects. We do it right the first time and give you peace of mind that our word is good through our lifetime guarantee.
At Only the Best Builder, we understand the value of a hard-earned dollar and we know you do too. That’s why you should call us today. We’re waiting at 609-654-1698.